Sunday, September 26, 2010

Friday Flooding


We're in the rainy season here in tropical Thailand, where the streets flood in about 60 seconds. Here are a couple of pics of our neighborhood last Friday as we were walking home from work. Actually, this was not one of the worst rains we've had, it was just the only day we happened to have the camera with us.

Last night we had a much worse downpour that flooded all the streets and sidewalks. Most people were smart enough to stay home, but as I didn't want to miss my Skype date with my Mom, there was nothing to do but to hike up my skirt as high as modestly possible, take off our shoes, and wade through it. By the time to got to the coffee shop, we were completely soaked up to the waist in smelly, sewage water. I had a great talk with Mom, and then we waded home to took a shower, shoes and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment