Sunday, July 10, 2011

School Uniforms

I thought Saint Francis was strict as far as dress code went: all female teachers were required to wear a dark skirt and a light dress shirt. It took me a long time to adjust to wearing a skirt every single day, I've never been that much of a skirt/dress person, but I guess it is more comfortable with the hot weather. I now realize that the Saint Francis dress code meant freedom.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Kasintorn has a uniform which I am required to follow every day. And unlike Saint Francis were we often bent the rules a bit, if I don't follow dress code here, I get fined! At the beginning of the year, ladies had to wear black and white (no color), and of course always a skirt and dress shirt. But they gave us two months to buy the uniforms (we have to foot the bill), and the two months are up. Fortunately some of the fabrics are cute, and I got to design my own clothes, so I could make them cute. Here they are, except that I don't have a picture of the Thursday dress yet.

Monday and Friday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:

In truth, it's not that big of a deal (although you all know me, I like to dramatize everything). Actually, the part of irks me the most is that guys have to strict rules to follow. They just have to wear pants, a button-up shirt, and a tie. Just like last year. No black and white only. No solids only. No black pants only. Which means the guys are always more colorful and varied than the ladies, and somehow, that just doesn't seem fair to me... Oh well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment